Friday, July 29, 2016

Hatred Day (Hatred Day #1) …✎…T.S. Pettibone


Hatred Day by T.S. Pettibone

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✩ ✩

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free for an honest review. Thanks to NetGalley, Chrysanthalix Press and T.S. Pettibone.)

This certainly was a unique experience. Unfortunately we didn't get too much into Inborns' nature. We only found out how they came there, a bit about why the did, and what they will do, we will have to find out in the next book. I don't like when the book ends in a cliffhanger and this one did.

“Love is why we’re a weak species. People should hurt what they like and destroy what they love. I need nothing but the strength to never be defeated.”

So, first of all, I think that the writers have really twisted minds. The covers and the books itself, and the upbringing, wow, where did you find this inspiration from, I am really interested?

Instead of saying nice words, he’d make me gifts. I knew it was because he didn’t want to tell anyone what he felt. If he did, he’d love and be weak. He was good at pretending, but I’d always known that he felt things deeply—more deeply than all of us.

I liked the characters, I did, Snofrid was a strong character, but she also recognised and embraced her lacks, which she had a lot.
I really like Cid, he was amazing. I want to know more about his eye and himself. The fact that he was raised in that way and changed to the good but still kept his old self was actually nice to see. I would not like him to change totally. Since it was him, he was imperfectly perfect.

“Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.”

Same goes for his brother. I really came to like Haidan and his crew, especially Rhode and Coyote.
He believed his own ways, and I know that under that amor there was a loving man, even though he did not admit it. I liked how protective he was of Cid, even though he was his adopted brother. I also liked the fact that Cid still cared about him, knowing his dark side.

Letting him lose face for the sake of love wasn’t love. It was greed.”

I really hope there is a way to bring Rhode back to life, since I really don't know why,, but I shipped him with Jazar, and she has a crush on Dez, but he is too old for her, and since Parisa really disappointed him in the end, there are two outcomes for Dez, either he is going to die, which I hope he won't, or he is going to be with Jazara after al.. which in a few year might not be so creepy. But still I want Rhode back, he was cute, and he was fun, he was smart and he had potential and he was loyal unlike his brother Coyote.... Wow I was really disappointed in Dracuslayers' betrayal, Heissa, I saw that coming , but Coyote... No. And I definitely didn't see him as a heartless, brutal, coldhearted brother-killer!!!

Overall, it was hard to keep up with the book, but it was new for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment