Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Arrangement (The Russian Guns #1)…✎…Bethany-Kris


The Arrangement by Bethany-Kris

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✩ ✩ ✩

“Giving this to me makes you mine, Vine. I don’t care about who comes after, or the in-betweens. Not when we both know I’m going to be your last.”

I love books about mafia, and I have some expectations when it comes to it, and sometimes they are met sometimes not. Unfortunately, while I enjoy Bethany's books, they never meet my expectations. I might dare to say that it is because she changes the culture that I again I might dare to say is kind if unchangeable.

First, women don't get involved in mafia, second there is always a soldier or more with them, third they don't lose they virginity before being married, and if they do there are hard consequences, for the male he is going to be dead of course, for the female, she is going to shunned if not worse, fourth wives of bosses don't cheat in that culture with other bosses and call it a mistake, she and him are going to be dead, she for sure, and so on. And fifth wives of bosses know the other bosses they have to, the ignorance is a BS. I am pretty deep into this culture since I was a kid, and there are some things, like those, that are not going to be changed.

“Don’t act like some quiet mouse, Viviana. Don’t stand at my side with your head tucked down in those pretty dresses I buy you. Don’t be the weak little mafia princess your momma said you’d have to be. That’s not what I want—not what I need. Stand straight, meet their stare, and be my fucking queen. You’re the only one at my side because you can be—because you’re worthy and beautiful and mine. Do you understand me?”

However, besides it I kind of enjoyed this book. Yeah, might not be the best read for me, but it's was ok. It's just I didn't like the characters that much, I mean not the characters but the way they acted, and I am reluctant finishing the series, which I have to at some point, but I know it's not going to be pleasant for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment