Monday, June 6, 2016

The Crown (The Selection #5)…✎…Kiera Cass


The Crown by Kiera Cass

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✩ ✩

“That’s really thoughtful.”
He shrugged. “I told you, I keep making things for you.”


From the first book of Eadlyn I was Team Kile, and I am still are, he stole my hear with our shared passion, and good-looks(as much as I managed to imagine), I just so someone that I would love to be with in him. And because I saw a little similarities in Eadlyn with me, I just started to ship them.

The beginning of this book was really interesting, with a nice pace, exciting twists, though in the middle it became kind of slow, there was no romance, there was nothing, just her, but we didn't even reply see her, and at the end it became a drag. I couldn't give 3 stars to the last and final book of one of my most favourite series, but I can't give 5 as well, so 4 is it. But I don't think it's real for more 3.5.

The thing is that I enjoyed it, but the expectations that I got from the previous book, and the expectations from the beginning of this book, were not reached at the end.

“I don’t know anyone who’s had a really good first kiss.”
After a second he answered. “Me neither. Maybe it’s not the first kisses that are supposed to be special. Maybe it’s the last ones.”


It was not the romance even, it was the lack of the drive, that America and Maxon had. Next to it this was dull and rushed. They managed to steal the spotlight from the main character, even after they were not the King and the Queen anymore. That is how powerful they are and how strongly they got attached in our minds.

“I am slow here,” Henri said, pointing to his mouth. “Not here.” He pointed to his eyes.”
His expression was incredibly sweet when he spoke. “I say no.” He picked up my hand and gently pulled off my engagement ring.
The room started turning fuzzy at the edges. I was minutes away from a live announcement, and I’d just been jilted.
Henri grabbed my face, looking deeply into my eyes. “Love you,” he vowed. “Love you.” Then he turned and clutched Eikko’s arm. “And love you. My good friend. Very good friend.”


I love Henry, he was truly the best, the kindest, the sweetest. I am sad that he was being used, for Kile to be happy in some way. I am glad he got him out of that himself.
At the end I'm not sad that Kile did not end with her, cause knowing the likes of him(one of them is typing right now) while you would love to be the best for the ones you love, it is impossible to be trapped. And I understand that ending with her, would just made him trapped.
Why I do not agree with Erik and Eadlyn. Well, if we didn't guess but actually got hints, snicks, touches here and there it would be really fun, even though I would love her to choose someone from the Selecton, just because of the idea that first got me to start this series, this was a nice twist, someone in but at the same time not from Selection. But the speed that all this has developed and wrapped up, the spark of it was killed. Same for the decision she made, while it was understandable the whole idea and meaning was lost in this fast ending.




No comments:

Post a Comment