Thursday, July 7, 2016

Persephone (Daughters of Zeus #1)…✎…Kaitlin Bevis


Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✩


  “Families think they know what’s best for you. Your friends let you figure that out for yourself.”



I really enjoyed this book, as I huge fan of mythology, especially Greek mythology I loved that so much facts and characters were involved in this book.

Hades as always was swoon worthy, and Zeus, well Zeus is Zeus what can I say.... He cannot mind his own business we got that long ago. I cannot believe that he was charming, I mean yeah God or King of the Gods and all that stuff, but come on no one knew that he was an asshole... He did not respect his wife, and everyone was ok with that??? Why he was so charming, how he was so charming, I would imagine that treat to be Apollo's characteristic not his, while everyone and every book, every myth made Hades a villain.

I always had a soft spot for him, always saw good in him, he might be the God of the Underworld, but that doesn't mean he was bad, not more than his siblings on Olympus for sure. And I am glad that authors these days try to bring justice to his character by writing stories and books about him and Persephone. I always enjoyed reading about this particular couple, I am not sure why.

Anyway, the book was really good, can't say that Persephone didn't annoy me at times, she did, but it was good. I knew that there is going to be a betrayal, and I knew that it is going to be one of the closest friends, but I was shocked and the name, even though it was the logical answer. I thought it would be Cassandra, cause there was much of her, more than even Hades, but well she was not.

Overall, enjoyed it, cannot wait to read the next book!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment