Saturday, August 13, 2016

Geek Girl (Geek Girl #1)…✎…Holly Smale


Geek Girl by Holly Smale

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✩ ✩

“They can’t make you something you’re not. They can only help to say who you are.”

This book's cover definitely intrigued me since I first saw it. And I do judge book say their cover, what can I say.
And I am happy that after all I finally read it! It was fun, it was fun, kind of disturbing but I enjoyed it.

Nick was an awesome character, I saw that many people didn't really like him (I don't know why tbh), but I certainly did... and the last revelation (and of course I am not talking about confession) I just loved him even more.
Toby was a disturbing, disgusting, stalking cute character. I have mixed feelings about him and his bogeys, but he gave a taste to this dish so, why not?
Alexa was the worst character EVER, ok not ever but still I hated her, and after I found out that this book was based on author's real life story I wanted to find her "Alexa" and punch her!!! And all Alexas in the world... Bullying is not right, just because you don't share the same interests and ideas doesn't mean that one of you is good and the other is bad, when you will finally get it people...
Nat was really good and supportive and I admire her character, for everything she did and I am sure will do.
Her parents, Yuka and Wilbur... adults were awesome and funny!!! I liked the names that Wilbur called everyone by :D

“I like you,” Nick says finally.
“But… Why?I manage to stutter.
Nick shrugs. “You’re different.”
I frown at him. “Good different or bad different?”
He grins. “Good,” he says. “And bad. But even the bad bits are good different and they always make me laugh.”


And after all our main character Harriet, she was something for sure. One of a kind.
However sometimes I was really disgusted by her antics, and it's NOT a sexist remark, so don't hate me, but not washing teeth or not shave?? Oh come oooon.... I already dislike men's hairiness, and I am planning to clean mine clean, but girl stays that way as well??? It's hygiene we are talking about!! And having hairy legs is not a uniqueness, or originality, or style...

Overall, it was fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment