Thursday, August 25, 2016

Corrupt (Devil's Night #1)…✎…Penelope Douglas


Corrupt by Penelope Douglas

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✩ ✩ ✩

“Because you can’t win if you don’t play.”

One girl, who is in love with her boyfriend's brother, and four horsemen, who came after her, for her betrayal.

I love Penelope Douglas's works, I do, and I was so excited to finally read this, and I was kind of disappointed. I can't say I liked the main characters since I didn't. This reminded me too much of Tijan's Crest high series, even though this was definitely better. However, a girl coming between brothers(I am not talking about blood-related), sound familiar, YUP!

“Run all you want, Little Monster,” he said, sounding like a threat. “We’re faster.”

Anyway, Erika was a needy character. Whole time was mentioned how strong she was for fighting Michael and all, but tbh I didn't see a real fight there, since having sex or giving in to have sex is not a fight really, and he called her strong only then. All I saw her to whine, whine, whine...

And Michael... I liked him a lot, till we got to the friends part, don't get me wrong I liked his friends very much, even Daemon, cause I understand him, and Kai, he is the best I like him the most, I like that the second book is going to be about him, and want to see more of Will. However, Michael irritated me sometimes... I don't know, but their love was not convincing at all for me, all I saw was fucking here, fucking there which got tiring as well after all.

And the threesome, don't get me wrong Michael and Kai together, swoon worthy, but WTH was that???

Overall, it was complicated. Anyway, waiting for the second book. I need Kai.





No comments:

Post a Comment