Sunday, December 11, 2016

Resisting the Rebel…✎…Lisa Brown Roberts


Resisting the Rebel by Lisa Brown Roberts

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✩ ✩

This book contains a villain pretending to be a hero, a hero pretending to be a villain, a disco-dancing heroine, two overprotective sidekicks, a little bit of bad language, and a whole lot of swoon kissing.

First of all love the declaimer, it was not the unoriginal "sweet, cute, blah blah blah", so I got hooke from the first page.

“Sometimes the scariest villains look the most innocent. And heroes don’t always wear white.”

Ok, so I liked both characters and the friends. I like that he wasn't the player bad boy, but just gloomy kind, I liked that she wasn't just a nerd or the cliche characters but actually has a unique style, and originality.
Loved the fact that after talked about ADD, that she talked to embrace it and not be ashamed of it, and just live with it and say "fuck you, cause I still can do whatever I want eve with having you".
Loved the fact that showed the teachers can be biased, and that standing up to them is ok.
Loved that Caleb was a writer, loved it.
Loved that Mandy Mandy was a dancer, it was unique, it really was.

“It was never fake with us, Disco. Never.”

Loved them together. They totally clicked.
But most of all loved their mutual best friend J.T.
He was the best. Since the book sometimes bored me I was planning to give only twi stars, but then the proposal came, and when the chants started I was gone!! And then....

“Three more days to bust a move! Get your asses ready to groove! If Caleb Torrs can do the Hustle, just think what he’ll do with all those muscles!”

J.T. wrote this and surprised everyone and I was not coming back lol
Definitely made me laugh at the end!!!
Loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment