Sunday, December 11, 2016

Breathless & Bloodstained (The Chicago War #4)…✎…Bethany-Kris


Breathless & Bloodstained by Bethany-Kris

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✩ ✩ ✩

This man made her breathless.
They were damn dirty, bloodstained by his own hands, and by hers.
Perfection was a myth.
Beauty was in the flaws.


I was expecting so much more, actually the most from these two, from this book, from their story, and what I did get? NOTHING!!!

Where was my funny Tommaso? Where was his easygoing character, I understand that there was so much on his shoulders, but he was molded into any other average mafioso character. No, that man wasn't introduced to me like that in the previous books, even when the situation got the best of him.

“My fascination got worse, but you got so much better. Worship is not a good enough word for what I felt.”
“Like a religion.”

Abriella’s tongue peeked out to sweep her bottom lip. “Yeah. Just like that.”
“Do you still feel like that about me?”
“Everyday.”


Same foes for Abriella, where was that carefree girl? Where was the girl that risked everything for her life, for her happiness, who was this shallow woman in this book? This wasn't her. Even when they got back together that wasn't her, that wasn't them.

We never actually saw them together-together, but we heard that no one gets them, no one knows what they have. I don't really get what was that? I didn't understand the whole concept, the meaning behind this words. I didn't see anything except the fuck. So, she liked to be called slut, but she hated to be compared to her mom. I really don't get it. So what? She wanted to be like her mom so she acted like her behind the doors? Or she hated it, but she got off of it? I didn't get it really. Author wanted to tell us something, but apparently I didn't get the message. All I got is that she had a mommy issues.

“But I don’t ever want you to stop making promises,” Abriella added after a quiet moment. “Because you always keep them, and you’re the one thing in my life that I can count on for that.”

Pressure much? He already was the core character of the book, but putting him under so much...
Whatever, I was disappointed, since this book should have been the most exciting one, not the most annoying. After all, we waited since the first book to finally see the couple that we heard so much about.




No comments:

Post a Comment