Sunday, December 11, 2016

Paper Princess (The Royals #1)…✎…Erin Watt, Elle Kennedy, Jen Frederick


Paper Princess by Erin Watt

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✩

“You should get away from here. These Royals will ruin you.”
“Maybe I want to be ruined.”
“No one wants to be ruined. We all want to be saved.”


These Royals ruined ME!
Well, this book was something else... It was on my TR shelf for months, but I didn't dare to start it, because I saw that many compared it with Tijan's Fallen Crest series, which I didn't like, really. So, I was reluctant to begin another series that had a great blurb but would leave me disappointed. However, Elle being one of the authors, I shut this fears and read it... it was NOTHING like Fallen Crest!! This was awesome, the characters were not whiny, they were strong, they had goals, and they were determined! They loved passionately, were loyal and ok, HOT!

“I’m done fighting. Say whatever you want to me, think whatever you want about me, keep acting like a jerk, I don’t care. I’m not playing the game anymore. I’m done.”

About the female characters...

I liked Elle. She had her moments but I liked her, I didn't like the fact that she made out with Easton...TWICE! Yeah, at that moments I was like please noooo. Since I'd hate the fact if brothers, as close as them, ruined their relationship because of one girl.

Savannah - She is my FAVORITE female character, maybe it has something to do with Gideon, but still I love this girl, she is a kick-ass, more than Elle even. I really enjoyed her small but still catchy parts.
I ship her with Gideon to the Sun and the stars and the forest galaxies and back.

Valerie - Definitely, an amazing friend! I don't know why but I see her with Easton, hopefully. I think her quirkiness and his hyperactivity will make them an unusual couple, I could feel the chemistry there, eve if they were not attracted to each other, hopefully YET. These two have potential.

Jordan - Regina... That what she is, but I dare to guess she has a changing potential, we will see.

Rachel - Even though we didn't see her much, I liked her, even with her let's say unique desires, well who could blame her, I guess she was the luckiest one.

Abby - While I understood Elle's jealousy, she went overboard sometimes, well most of the times. I didn't see Abby as a mean girl and I still don't, and moreover fake.

Brooke - I liked her but at the same time I was wary of her, like really, and then BOOM! I was right.

Dinah - Simple, I just hated her.

“Why was he so angry with you?” Reed asks hoarsely.
“Because I wouldn’t stop saying your name.”
His eyes flare.
“Because it’s you. It’s always been you and I’m tired of fighting it.”


About the male characters...

Callum - He was amazing, as a character, as a dad, he was really good. I didn't like but kind of, the key words being kind of, understood the resentment of his sons, butI didn't really agree with it. Since they were hypocrites there. I mean they could feed their devils but he couldn't? I love this man, he was awesome!

Gideon - I am hooked. I don't know why, and we didn't see him much, but he got me wanting to see him from the very second we saw him. He and Easton are my favorite Royals. I didn't know what happened between him and Savannah, but I shipped them instantly. They both made me like them as individuals and them as an item instantly. I hope that they will get back together, I really hope so.

Reed - Even though he is the main character, and I LOVE him, he is my least favorite Royal, if that is even possible, but yeah, I love him the least, but still soooo much!! At first he was an asshole, but I understood that as well, again, kind of. Besides, I love assholes, you know - "Every girl wants a bad boy that is good to her" - this kind of assholes, and yeah he was. I loved him as a brother the most, while I am all in for the romance, I really value family bonds, and these Royals had it.

Easton - He shares the first place for my favorite Royal with Gideon. Actually, they are similar, it's just Gideon had to grow up, but I see him in the past as an Easton in the present. I really liked this boy, again I didn't like his and Elle's make outs, but I loved him, he was intriguing. I really want him *fingers crossed* to end up with Valerie, I want it!!!

And finally the twins...

Sawyer and Sebastian - I loved this two, the walking troubles, they share the second place for the best Royals in my chart. They were fun, loyal and simply amazing and original. Loved them. However, I can't help but wonder, how that's going to end at the end.

“What are you doing?” I whisper.
His voice is pained. “I decided to be selfish.”


Overall, loved it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment