Sunday, December 11, 2016

Reckless & Ruined (The Chicago War #2)…✎…Bethany-Kris


Reckless & Ruined by Bethany-Kris

My rating: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✩ ✩

“I didn’t think …”
“That I would come?”
Adriano asked.
“Yeah.”
“Well, I did.”

Alessa laughed, but even the sound was sad. “You always do, right?”
“Run after you while you push me away and leave me behind? Yeah.”
“Ouch, Adriano.”

Adriano shrugged. “It is what it is, Lissa.”


I was looking forward to reading next books in the series, since all were about my favorite characters. I enjoyed this book, it was a nice read about true love. I honestly never suspected that anything was happening or had happened between these characters, but they suited each other.
Alessa, was a totally new character here, not like in the first book. And Adriano, he was troubled, between protecting his sister, staying loyal to his father, fighting for his lover and going against his morals, he stood strong, really strong.

“Just remember, the worst gift might be exactly what you wish for, my boy.”

I didn't like Riley much, in the first book I really believed that he loved his wife, but apparently all this was for the show, for the power, for the throne, which wasn't his. He would have been an amazing boss I would give it to him, but he was too selfish.

“Fear and respect walked hand in hand.
This was the mafia way.”


I liked the story, the characters, I kind of felt sorry at the end for them, but still their love story was an interesting one to read.




No comments:

Post a Comment